As an news intern coordinator, one of the most important job functions is making sure an intern has a successful experience.
But what does that entail?
You don’t want to go into your internship without a gameplan. Knowing the questions employers may ask themselves could help you get ahead of the game. You can prepare them by preparing yourself with straight answers. If you have an idea or two of what your expectations are, you’ll be ready to respond to your employer’s inquiries.
Before your first day, here are six questions your supervisor might ask themselves:
- What do I need my intern to learn in the first week?
- What projects would I want my intern to take on during his/her first week?
- What does the intern want to learn within the first week?
- During the internship, what does the intern need to know to make a successful step in his/her career?
- What skills do they want to develop?
- What influencers/mentors does the intern want to meet?
You can see a full breakdown of each question from Business Insider.